Thursday, April 07, 2011

In which in spite of my constant bitching, I really enjoyed and kind of miss being knocked up.

It was kind of over before I even had time to think about it.  Since I didn't find out until a wee bit later than your average lady (long story, not going into detail, but needless to say, I was minutes away from being featured on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, however, in my defense, I had no symptoms and didn't really show at all until mid month seven), it really did fly by too quickly.  Just when I was getting good at it, my contractions started and off we went.  24 hours later, no more bump and a baby.  Sniffle.  One of my biggest regrets is not taking more photos of us.  I just didn't think of it by the end of each long day when I'd finally get home and beach myself on the couch, feet up to prevent the dreaded appearance of cankles (which I think I only had for one day or so - not bad!).  And now, my body's back to normal.  I'm actually down a few pounds from where I was pre-baby.  Weird, no?  In any case, check out this darling video I saw on Spearmint Baby.  Sniffle.  I wish I was creative and responsible.  Alas, I am run of the mill and lazy.  Maybe next time.*


An Incredible Journey Begins from David Stanfield on Vimeo.

*Ahahahaha. Next time. NEVER!

1 comment:

Mr. Shain said...

I didn't hate this. Weird. If you had done this video, the opening shots would have been much funnier and created a lot more explaining to lil Henry Alexander at a later date after he watched it. But don't worry, I'll tell him the whole story anyway.