Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Week 42 Update: Gas Leak Edition*

Yesterday, we took Henry to his two week check up to see how his stats add up.  Good news.  He's back up to his birth weight, grew an inch and seems to be in working order.  Huge relief.  Not that I thought anything was up, but you never know and there's nothing like hearing a medical professional giving you the go ahead to keep doing what you're doing.  Not that I know what I'm doing.  Luckily, H does.  He tells me when to change him, feed him, rock him, swaddle him, etc.  He's a champ. 

I've been attempting to take a picture a day, but the day flies by so fast, I often forget and only catch H when he's passed out.  Seriously, it's like we've got a perpetual gas leak.  We all move super slowly and can fall asleep at any given moment, especially Henry and Zeb.  It's ridonk.

Look at that belly!  I should really stop feeding him so much beer.

I think this was seconds before I picked him up and he'd peed all the way through this adorable little robot number.  Oops.

My own little Snuggle fabric softener bear!

 Rocket man.

Well, time to go rub some lanolin into my nips.  That's my new life.  I wish my new life included Bossypants, Tina Fey's book that just came out.  I woulda registered for books had I remembered just how crappy daytime TV is.  Really, it's abysmal.


*Arrested Development reference.  Dang, I miss that show.

2 comments:

julia said...

He is so sweet. Congrats! I'm a long time reader, though I don't think I have ever commented before. Being a mom of two kids under 3 myself, I, for one, welcome the turn for the mommy blog around here. And also miss Arrested Development.

blythe said...

Thank you! Two kids under three? Dang! I'm impressed.